FWS - Floating Wetland
- Nitrification for Ammonia removal
- De-nitrification for Nitrate removal
- Total Suspended Solids (TSS) reduction
- Phosphorus reduction and sequestration
- Fish & Wildlife habitat, food, shade and protection
- Platform for plants: Aquatic Plants
FWS-Floating Wetlands mimic nature as “a true floating wetland” for better performance in most water quality and fishery applications. FWS-Floating Wetlands floats 8” to 24” below the water’s surface and is planted with aquatic plants. Unlike Floating Islands, the area under the water’s surface and above the wetland is in the photic zone which is ideal for healthy periphyton development and is highly aerobic for superior microbial processing for mechanisms such as nitrification for the removal of ammonia. Rich with oxygen and robust with periphyton, FWS-Floating Wetlands are ideal for fish and other wetland habitat, while still adding beauty to the environment. Since FWS-Floating Wetlands floats just under the surface, there are other advantages such as goose protection, plant maintenance and better aesthetics during winter plant die off.